What a wonderful way to use some of summer’s beautiful berries. Try this recipe also with a triple berry mix of blackberries, raspberries and blueberries. This recipe was developed using my own line of mixes that I sell at my local farmers’ market, but you can use a different one. Just omit the milk and spread and prepare according to other package directions.
- GF Drop Biscuit Mix, Michaela's Kitchen 1 package
- Oat milk or other milk alternative 1 cup
- Vegan Spread, melted, like Earth Balance 1/2 cup
- Fresh Blackberries, rinsed and drained 4 cups
- Organic Cane Sugar 1 cup
- Water 1/4 cup
- Tapioca Starch 2-3 tbsp
- Lemon Juice 1 tbsp
- Coarse Sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Dissolve tapioca starch in water. (Use less tapioca for looser filling, more for thicker.) In oven proof skillet, combine blackberries, sugar, water mixture and lemon juice. Bring to a boil stirring frequently.
- Prepare Biscuit Mix according to package directions with the milk and spread.
- Drop biscuit dough on top of fruit by rounded tablespoons.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
© 2015 Michaela C. Jones