I often use leftover rotisserie chicken for the recipe. Pre-cooked chicken and canned chiles in adobo makes this dish super easy to prepare.
- Vegetable Oil 2 tbsp
- Onion, cut in half and then sliced thin 1 small
- Cooked Chicken, shredded or chopped small 2 cups
- Chipotle Chile Peppers, in adobo sauce, chopped 2
- Adobo Sauce from chipotle peppers 1 tbsp
- Gluten Free Tortillas for serving
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook onion until it begins to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chicken, chiles and sauce. Stir well and cook, tossing occasionally until chicken is hot and onions soft.
- Serve with warm tortillas. Try these also with a little sliced avocado to cool the spice for a great flavor combination.
Note: If you can’t find chiles in adobo sauce, a couple of teaspoons of chipotle chile powder may be used instead. Just sprinkle onion with chile powder while cooking in oil. Then, before adding chicken, add a tablespoon or two of water to the pan. Make sure to stir well when adding chicken to ensure even coating. Cook until water is absorbed.
This recipe originally appeared in author’s book, Make It Allergy Free. Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.