This is probably the easiest, tastiest pulled pork sandwich you can make. Just dump all the ingredients into a slow cooker and let it go.
- Boneless Pork Loin Roast 2 -3 lbs
- Water 1 cup
- Salt 1 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper 1/2 tsp
- Allergy-friendly Ketchup, like Amy's 1 cup
- Water 1/2 cup
- Brown Sugar 6 tbsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar 4 tbsp
- Celery Seed 4 tsp
- Smoked Paprika 1/2 tsp
- Cayenne Pepper 1/8 tsp
- Place pork roast, water, salt and pepper in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until pork is tender. Drain liquid. Shred meat with two forks.
- While pork is cooking, combine sauce ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add sauce to shredded pork in slow cooker. Stir to combine. Reduce cooker heat to low. Cover and continue cooking for 1 hour.
- Serve on buns with favorite fixings like thin sliced onions and pickles.
*If you like saucier sandwiches or just like to have a little extra on the side, just double, or even triple the sauce ingredients. Stir some into the meat mixture for cooking and reserve the remainder for serving. You may need more sauce for finishing the pork too, if you have a bigger roast.
This recipe first appeared in author’s book Make It Allergy Free. Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.